Steps and features of Marrakech to Erg Chigaga desert tour 4 days
If you fancy a desert tour like no other, a desert tour that will take you back in time to explore a less frequented area of Morocco Sahara desert, then this is the tour for you. Marrakech to Erg Chigaga desert tour is tailored for serious desert fanatics, who don’t mind rough terrains and those who will admire the silence, swell as the majesty of the desert!
Day 1: Marrakech – Zagora ( 6 hours drive )
- Early pick up from your Marrakech hotel to cross the High Atlas Mountains with its passes and Berber villages.
- Arrive at the village of Ait Ben Hadou by noon.
- After a visit to the fortified village, lunch will be served at a local cafe
- Continue to The Berber oasis of Agdez, where Draa Valley expands all the way to another side of the Moroccan Sahara desert.
- Drive along the oases with its fortified adobe Kasbahs to Zagora
- Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 2: Zagora – Erg Chigaga ( 4 hours drive )
- After breakfast, head off to Tamegrout, visit its famous quoranic library and green pottery workshops.
- Continue to Mhamid village, where the road ends.
- After a visit of a local Kasbah and lunch, continue off road to Erg Chigaga enjoying some sand bashing on the way
- Arrive at Erg Chigaga just before sunset, ride your camel to the Sahara desert camp located in the middle of nowhere.
- Dinner and overnight at the desert camp
Day 3: Erg Chigaga – Foum Zguid – Ouarzazate ( 6 hours drive )
- Enjoy a Moroccan breakfast at your desert camp before you enjoy a fossils hunting experience.
- Continue to the village of Foum Zguid past Iriqui salted dry lake
- After lunch in Foum Zguid, head to Taznakht famous for its Berber rugs making
- Arrive in Ouarzazate late in the afternoon, dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 4: Ouarzazate – Marrakech ( 4 hours drive )
- After breakfast, visit Kasbah Taourirt, located in the city center.
- Continue to Ouarzazate Atlas film studios to visit some famous Hollywood movies sets
- Drive back to Marrakech past the High Atlas Mountains, where you will stop for lunch on the way to Marrakech.
- Your Marrakech to Erg Chigaga desert tour will end with a drop off at your hotel or riad.