Guided walking tour of Marrakech Souks
What you will do :
- Meet local artisans and learn the secrets of making their crafts
- Visit some secret shops you can not find on your own
- Wlak to some of Marrakech most famous Foundouks
- Learn how to haggle like a local
Visit the hidden sides of Marrakech Souks where you will discover where all the crafts sold in Marrakech are being made, get access to some secret shops where you can shop for some local souvenirs like leather, jewelry, shoes, Caftans, carpets, spices and essential oils.
Marrakech Souks walking tour itinerary
Meet your guide and driver at your hotel or riad for a quick ride to JamaaElfna Square where your walking tour of Marrakech Souks will commence.
Visit the hidden sides of the Medina Souks where you will watch local artisans make and sell unique items, learn about their field specialty, and witness the enthusiasm and passion for what they do.
In this 3 hours walking tour of the Souks, your guide will ask you first of your points of interest in order to tailor a walking itinerary and visit the right areas where to find items you are interested to learn about or buy:
- Leather shop: shoes, bags, handbags, etc.….
- Local herbalist: essential oils, nedicinal herbs, etc.….
- Ladies fashion outlet: Caftans, silk crafts, etc.…
- Fixed and reasonably priced carpet shops
- A jeweler: silver jewelry;
- Ceramics shop
While visiting the artisan’s shops, your guide will teach you how to haggle like a local while watching Marrakchis practice their shopping habits for clothes, spices, vegetables and daily needs.
Your Marrakech Souks tour will end in JamaaElfna. Time permitting; enjoy a cup of mint tea at the roof top terrace of one of the surrounding cafés watching the square artists competing for tourists’ attention. Your guided walking tour of Marrakech Souks will end with a drop off at your hotel or riad.
Duration: 3 hours
- Local licensed and skillful guide
- A/C modern vehicle