Follow the paths of the caravan roads on this 4 days desert trip from Marrakech to Merzouga and Zagora. The caravan roads tour is a great desert tour experience that will allow you explore Morocco Shara desert in a slower pace. Please feel free to suggest any modifications for the tour if you wish.
Day 1: Marrakech – Zagora ( 6 hours drive )
Day 2: Zagora – Merzouga( 5 hours drive )
- Drive from Marrakech to the Berber village of Ait Ben Hadou
- Cross the river to visit the world heritage site of Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou
- After a local lunch ( At leisure ), continue to the Small town of Agdez, the starting point of the scenic Draa Valley
- Arrive Zgora late in the afternoon, dinner and overnight at your hotel
Day 3: Merzouga – BoumalneDades( 4 hours drive )
- Cross the volcanic peaks of the Anti Atlas Mountains to the oasis of Alnif
- After lunch, drive to the holy town of Rissani, then to Merzouga
- Ride your camels crossing the splendid Erg Chebbi sand dunes
- Assist to a color changing sunset
- Dinner and overnight at your Sahara desert camp
- After breakfast, meet your driver in Merzouga and continue your journey to Erfoud where you can visit a fossils workshop.
- Head by car to Tinghir, and continue to Todra Gorges driving along the the oasis and stream.
- Optional walk at the oasis for an hour before arrival at the canyons.
- Stop for lunch t a local cafe
- Continue your drive on the road of 1001 Kasbahs to DadesVallley.
- Dinner and overnight at your hotel
Day 4: BoumalneDades – Marrakech ( 5 hours drive )
- After breakfast, head to Dades Canyons for a spectacular view
- Drive along the Valley of the roses, where you can visit a local ladies rose water distilling factory
- Continue to the oasis of Skoura where a visit of the local Kasbah Amridil is must
- Carry on your journey to Ouarzazate where you will stop for lunch at a local cafe
- Optional visit of Oscar film studios famous for its sets used by various Hollywood epics
- Drive back to Marrakech past TiziNtichka pass
- Your 4 days desert trip from Marrakech will come to an end with a drop off at your hotel / riad.