This Morocco desert tour is ideal for you if you are in Marrakech on a short period. It is not the ideal desert experience, but it is for those who want to seize the opportunity of being this close to the Sahara desert, and want to have a sneak peak of it. There are no salad dunes in Zagora area, and there is 8 hours driving each way. Hence, the scenery is amazing, and the camel ride in the desert is a lifetime experience.
Day 1: Marrakech – Ouarzazate – Zagora ( 7 hours drive )
Day 2: Zagora – Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou – Marrakech ( 7 hours drive )
- Drive past TiziNtichka pass and the High Atlas Mountains to Ait Ben Haddou
- Visit the UNESCO World heritage Kasbah
- Continue to the village of Agdez, the starting point of the majestic Draa River
- Arrive at Zagora and meet your camel caravan
- 1 hour ride to your Sahara desert camp, while enjoying the sunset scene.
- Dinner under the stars, and overnight at your Sahara desert camp
- Early wake up to watch the sunrise
- Ride your camels back to Zagora ro meet your driver
- Drive to Ouarzazate for lunch ( at leisure )
- Continue to Marrakech via the High Atlas Mountains